RIhila #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 11th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) Some reasons why people ban books is to protect their children for things such as profanity ,sexual dipctions a book may have and racism.

2) I agree and disagree with the banning of book because to ban a book based on context is really ridiculous. Children should read books based on their age for example if a child between the ages of 4-12 read a book with things they have not yet been exposed to then yes it is ok but for a highschooler to read things that they are exposed to would be alright. Besides children can see and hear about sex and racism on televison show that are being watched in a common house hold.

3) I think the teachers are the ones who would have to decide if a book is appropriate for school.They are the ones teaching the lesson and they are the ones who have studied to become a teacher.

4) I think the indivdual would have to talk to the prnciple first,with the support that they need from others and explain why this book should be banned all while providing evidence. If the princpal finds no objection then the individual should take it to the school board for futher examination.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb