RHILA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 10th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Some of the reasons that schools banned certain books are because those books have some things in common. Those things are along the lines of; sexual content, profanity, racism and some other disturbing content. Some schools take some of things to high consideration because if the students read this and take that knowledge home, the parents will question how the school structure is and they may become upset with how the school teaches.

2. I disagree about schools banning any kind of books. Books with profanity, sexual content and ect... she remaine in schools because that is revealing how the world really is. Schools say they want to prepare students for the outside world, what good are they doing if they are covering up or banning books that talk about or explain things along those lines.

3. The decisions on whether to bann certain books or not to bann would be up to the CEO of the school, in my opinion. The reason for this is because banning books from schools is general. People dont know if books are being banned from lower grades, middle school or high school. Depending on that would determine what books shouls stay and/or go.

4. An approach they could take is how factual content about the book,no matter how disturbing, is being taken away from the student's knowledge. The students should understand and know how the world was and is and how it has progressed and what has happened in that process.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb