RHILA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 19th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. The article talks about how people found their way around places using a mental map. By knowing the surroundings, people can form cognitive maps in their head with landmarks that help them rememeber a certain route or a certain place. With a GPS, it only shows people a route on how to get from point A to point B; it doesnt show any landmarks or anything. The idea with a GPS is that if people rely on the more will they lose the skill to frm cognitive maps mentaly? The answer is no, however, they wont have as much as a firm grasp on that skill as someone who doesn't use a GPS.

2. I was interested when forming a mental map was actually a skill that people have developed. At first I thought all you did was just remember what place is where. Overall I was interested.

3. This article relates to what we are learning in class because in class we are discussing about how people found their way around, especialy when they were on the water. Also in class we are talking about the different kinds of maps that were made and used. Before technology came into play in people's lives, other people made different maps to show different things, and in our future classes I'm guessing we are going to learn about who created these maps and what their purpose was.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb