RIHLA #16


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 2nd 2013
Published: February 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1) My renaissance person is Michael Milkie. He holds the title of the superintendent of the Noble Network.

2) I consider Mr. Milkie to be a renaissance man because he started off as a CPS teacher, and he ended up making an entire network of schools that have changed a large portion of Chicago high school students. Mr. Milkie posses public speaking skills. He also has the skiill to be a strong leader. He has successfully led the Noble Network since 1999. The network has expanded from one school to 12 high schools and counting.

3) Mr. Milkie has has a positive impact on me by making the network. I would not have had the privledge of attending UIC College Prep. Noble Schools have made a strong imapct on their students. They provide many pathways to success for low income students with no where else to go. In Chicago, the percent of CPS students that do not go to college is very high. On the other hand, the percent of Noble Network students that do not go to college is very low. For example, 100 percent of UICCP's students were accepted into a 4 year college/university in 2012.

4) My picture is a picture of the best Noble School ever: UIC College Prep. My question is where would each one of you be if noble were not around?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb