RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 18th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hind Ahmas veil is diffrent from other Muslim's veils because hers cover from head to toe only leaving a very small opening to see her eyes.

Ahmas can not wear her veil because it cover all of her face and in France that is against the law and can be fined up to $200 and some people are required to take classes on French "values." Ahmas feel as if this is against her rights as a woman. Ahmas, who started wearing her niqab eight years ago by choice, also says that this law has made her life miserable.

For those who beleive that this law is right and continue to be carried out beleive that the thought of religion should be kept out of public life. They also say that hiding their faces prevents them from participating in French society and that this might also enable crime and maybe even terroism.

I think the government would be able to make this a law if they were actually negativly affecting someone, but they're not. So im not sure as to why it is a problem. I would let these women wear their niquab or any other type of veils that would want to be worn for religious purposes if they wanted. Who am I tell someone they can't do something due to personal beleifs. I also think the government is not really getting the big picture that this is who these people are, let them be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb