Rihla #11 A6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 4th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1.

A- A hero is someone that does things right for what he/she believes is right to help others in need;for example, standing up, being helpful, and doing the correct thing would be things that could make anybody a hero. The person next to you, that person walking down the street could have done something once that would make him/her a hero.

1.

B- Some people see a hero as somebody who can shoot lasers from their eyes or can fly. Others consider the people who risked their lives in helping run away slaves reach freedom like Harriet Tubman or fight for their country like George Washington did. Everybody has their own thoughts on a hero it varies from person to person.

2. I believe Joan was a true hero; however, at the time the church felt her to be a threat to their belief. They could not simply know right away if she was up to no good or was actually doing what was right. Not only did the church kill Joan and it was wrong, but it made the church look bad because now her name is remembered as a holiday and something to celebrate. People began to see her as a true hero and not a "threat" as the church did.

3. When thinking of a hero, they are all human and make mistakes; however, some mistakes such as murdering dozens of people is something to be concerned about. When you think of a hero you only think of their righteous side. Do you think about what they have done wrong though? When Columbus is criticized for how he gained control of land by killing the natives, people disagree with his methods. I would say he did wrong but wouldn't defame him from being the founding father of the new world. Also, if he becomes defamed from his holiday, there will be school and i am kinda glad their isn't.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb