A4 RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1a. A hero is someone that makes a difference in a positive way. They try to help people in the best way that they can. Heroes also don't ask for anything in return, except for maybe respect. They don't expect people to pay them for their acts of kindness or chivalry. They simply do it because they think it's right. They do it because they want to, not because they have to.

1b. No, not all people agree on who should be a hero. Not everyone will agree on every decision. Some people may have to compromise in order to keep many others happy.

2. It is not easy at all to tell who "good" people and heroes are during their lifetime. I think that opinions of Joan of arc changed because people were able to see better that she fought for what she believed in, rather than just to contradict the fact that the Church was supposedly the only way to reach God.

3. I think that it is fair to revise how we feel about historical figures based on new evidence becaause as time passes, things that many people have done in the past are not accepted by society today. And if people think that something is wrong, then why shouldn't they change it? It just makes more sense to disreguard the events in history that are viewed as unjust by society today.

4. I don't think that people from history should be accounted for the things that didn't know. If they didn't know about certain things, then there could not have been any way for them to act differently. I think we could consider someone evil who thought they were doing the right thing because they didn't know what we do today because even though they didn't know about everything we do, they still could have figured it out themselves that doind certain things was wrong.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb