RIHLA#11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1a. A hero is brave that he/she is not afraid to confront the problem; also that they are willing to solve the problem. Heroes sometimes sacrifice themselves for other people. Their achievements contributed to where our society needs to be right now.

1b. I think most of the people agree on who should be considered a hero. Someone who are disagree probably because they disagree what the hero was doing.

2. I think it is easy to tell who "good" people and heroes are during their lifetime because they can just simply tell the people what the heroes did before and how they changed their lives now. I think the opinions on Joan of Arc changed because some people witnessed how her bravery helped her conquered the lands. And her spirit inspired other people. Therefore, that might be the reason why people decided to honor her as a saint.

3. On the other hand, I think it is not fair to revise how we feel about historical figures based on new evidence because if the hero is a historical figure, the new evidence can't really be proved since time has already passed by for a long time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb