RIHLA #8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 12th 2012
Published: November 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Election Day...Should it be on Veterans Day?

This RIHLA combine the topic of both Veterans Day and Election Day

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/12/opinion/ctl-election-holiday/index.html

This article talked about the importance of voting and sense veterans died for us to have the right to vote, we chouls honor that sacrafice by actially voiting on Veterans Day.

1) Thi relate to what we have been learning in class because in class, we talked about how voiting has had such an impact on the democracy of America. Not only in the United States, but we have talked about how other countries have viewed the 2012 election of the United Statess.

2) What I found most intereting was how the article stressed the importance of veteran's day and how voting, whcih is another important topic in the U.S., should take place all on the same day. However, I disagree with the Author of this article,John D. Sutter, who agrees with this topic. We hold election day to honor the rights of voitng that we as Americans have. We honor Veterans day to celebrate the men and women of the armed forces. How can we possibly honor them, if we are too busy trying to make it to the poll offices. These catrogorie should be celebrated on their designated days in order to give the honor to them invidually and with pride that they both deserve.

3) Questions that this topic makes me wonder is how many people have read this ?article, and how many people have agreed or disagreed with this topic. I also wonder would our preident for the next four years, Barack Obama, agree with this topic

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb