RIHLA #8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 11th 2012
Published: November 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. The topic of Hurricane Sandy relates to what we are learning in class by discussing how there is a tragedy. In class the tragedy that we are learning about is when Jesus was crucifed. In the article the tragedy is tht many people are without power and many people had lost their lives and the lives of lost ones.

2. What I found to be the most interesting was that there were literally thousands of people without power. Another thing that interested me was the story about how the man died saving his family. This interested me bacuse this shows how badly the home of a man people got flooded. He was checking the basement of his house for others and since it wa so flodded he drowned.

3. What questions that come to mind is that why didn't these people evacuate? Why doesn't the government have a special place prepared for things like this so tht many people don't have to lose their lives? How many people are without power? If we can predict that a hurricane is coming why don't we come up with a safety plan so people will be together and not have to mourn over a lost loved one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/us/hurricane-sandy-barrels-region-leaving-battered-path.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb