A4 RIHLA #5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 15th 2012
Published: October 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part one:
1. Pericles percieves Athenian democracy as a pure perfection or, in other words, flawless.

2. Pericles' argument for democracy does not derive from funamental principles, such as human equality, or form of practical benefits that derive from such a system of government

3. Pericles believed that his form of democracy produced wealthy, well educated, and extremely useful. Yet, critics might disagree with him on a certain topic, which is citizenship. They might state that people who are not citizens of Athens do not carry these specific qualities because Athenians are simply better than everyone else in the world, and the only way foriegners can carry the qualities of an Athenian is to become one; which is impossible because they did not want foreigners to become citizens.

4. The fact that Pericles highly praised military lost the Peloponnesian war gives me the impression that his democracy wasn't as perfect as he said it was.

Part two:
If I could travel back in time to Ancient Greece, I would live as a spartan because an Athens they were living under a ruler that led them through military stuggles, and Sparta didn't have those struggles. In Athen their ruler had aggresive policies that ruined the city. I like that Spartans were so physically fit, and lastly I think the movie Spartians is really cool.

Part three:
When i took the personality test I got Hestia, a simple, kind, and giving goddess that never sins

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb