RIHLA#4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to the text, after Steve Jobs died he reincarnated as a celestial warrior-philosopher. The dhammakaya group also said that he is living in a mystcal glass palace lingering above his old office at Apple's Cupertino.

2. So many people around the world mourned the loss of Steve Jobs because they were his admirers of his devices. These people appreciated his works and therefore admired him. They laid flowers and lit candles in order to mourn for his passing, accroding to the article.

3. Some groups or individuals are skeptical about Dhammakaya Temple because people believed he is trying to get attention to help woth funding. Others asked if he even knew who Steve Jobs was, and others were cocered that others would follow Tony Tseung, and would seek Dhammakaya's help to contact deceased realatives or friends.

4.What interested me about the article was that I didn't even know who Steve Jobs was and I now know he was an innovator who created the Iphone. I also learned he was interested in Buddhism and died last year in october from cancer. I learned new information on a ddeceased person who was very important because of his inventions and a person that was admired by many.

Monotheistic: is believeing that there is only one god

Torah:The most sacred text in which events and laws were recorded

Abraham:A man who lived near Ur in Mesopotamia, he is considered the father of the Israelite people

convenant:a promise or agreement

Moses:

David:

Solomon:king of isreal and son of david

Patriarchal:male head of the family

Sabbath:any special day of prayer

Prophet:A person who speaks for God

Ethics:

Diaspora:

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.4kb