A5 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 29th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

"Occupations of Old Egypt"

Historians that read "Occupations of Old Egypt" can learn that Egypt had a very more far complex labor division, very well organized different than other countries. They also had a greater sense of social Hierachy and it's categories. They had schooling and they taught with deep books that gave much knowledge. They copied historic deep writing to train in their writing skills, they were deep in studies. They said that writing would lead them to become the best man, it was an immortality, it would lead you to high levels in life.

Learning to write offers many promises as said to Egyptians. They will be masters in study, very smart. They will be advanced by their superiors. They wiill be sent on missions and will become worthy officials. A writer wouldn't have to be a merchant, a peasant, a ship worker, or a soldier. This person wouldn't have to suffer working day and night and gaining the most negative outcomes like dying, not being able to make it back to your wife and children, etc. You will gain entrance to the treasury and granary. The king will have trust in you. You will receive shiploads at the granary. You will make offerings on days of feast. You will be dressed in rich, fine clothes and own your own horses. You will own your own boat that is stationed on the river. You will be supplied with attendants. You have a mansion built in your town. You have a powerful office given to you by the king. You will have male and female slaves upon you. You will be a made person. All these benfits and advantages will be granted through writing.

Frustrations that are evident in this text are that the text has voabulary that is very hard for students to understand. Also that the structure/style of the writing is kind of hard to acostum to as well. It is difficult to understand. It had sayings that are difficult.

I think that American students do not value education like described in Ancient Egypt. I think they don't value it because mnay Americans just throw away their education, they have it right in their hands, some of the best education by the best teachers, and they just throw it all away. They lack in edication, they just don't want to go throught with it. Thousands, Millions drop-out wasting their eduaction. If what is said in the Ancient Egyptian text is tru than Egyptians value education far more than many Americans here in the U.S.

Person Interviewed: Christine Espinoza, Occupation: Student

Question Asked: What are struggles that you go through in college?

Response: The most challengind are tests and the readings our proffesors give us. We had to read hundreds of pages in a few days. We get no study guid for tests, the only thing we get is the date of when the test is going to be taken. We have to study from our own notes and that's very difficult.

Question asked: Did your highschool prepare you for college?

Response: My highschool did alright preparing me. They gave us a little more homework than usual and they prepared me some what for the tons of work we get in college. The most is within myself though.

Question asked: How is college different from highschool?

Response: College is way different than highschool. College is very fun, you have free time, you decide on how to manage your own time, you decide what classes to take and what days to go sometimes. You decide of you're going to study and do homework or not, ofcourse you are, but just saying. There's many things that are very different from highschool.

On Interviewing this person, yes I wouldn't mind getting a degree from that college. I would like exploring different colleges though and seeing which one is the best one for me to enroll in. I wouldn't like just interviewing a person about their college and just joining it based on what they say about it and their feedback on it. I would like knowing about different colleges and seeing which fits best for me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb