RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 21st 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1.This article " The problem with factory farming" relate to world history, because we are still debating if farming is better than actually having to go out and hunt for your food. We are talking about how you can catch diseases from the untreated ( unhealthy) animals. We also discussed how with farming it's a little more work you actually have to take care of the crops and the animals in your farm, because they can easily become unhealthy. How farmers no longer feed animals what they genetically designed to eat. How they put CAFO and other things in these animals food to make them bigger. For example they put growth hormones and antibiotics in it. Which makes it a problem. These animals would be carrying twice their weight. Which is extremely unhealthy And not acceptable to be doing. It puts these precious animals in danger. This is why " The problem with factory farming" relates to world history.
2.According to this article " The problem with factory farms" there are 2 of the 5 world history themes that relate to this article. The two themes that relate ate Economy and society. Economy because it deals with a lot of farming and trading. Discusses the growth within it. The impact the trade had. Society because it's value. It's a group with women, men, children any kind.It's background knowledge with it ( educational) . But over all it's economy. Economy is the best theme to cover all the basic of farming. Society only meet some so this is the two themes I picked.3. I don't fully agree nor fully disagree with the author point of view because she's making good valid points on both sides.but if I was to agree with the author I would say that I would have to agree on " The problems of factory farms, from untreated animals waste to polluted waterways basically what the author is saying is that the unhealthy animals can catch diseases fast. I also agreed because your putting the animals line in danger. We are killing creatures to feed us. I disagree with the author because you can catch diseases anywhere. But you have a more likely chance to catch it doing farming. I also disagree because hunting for food cost money, and what if you don't have any money then what are you going to do? This would be a good time to depend on farmers and their animals. Or would you rather suffer until you find food. It's pros and cons for both sides and they both have a win- win situation so it's hard to chose. This is why I'm defending both sides in this situation.4. This article " The problem with factory farming makes me wonder about many things. I wonder why they over look all the good things about farming, but see all the bad facts about farming? I wonder why they think farming is the only place you can catch a disease? Well did you know that you can also catch a disease hunting or any kind of sort you doing to find food. I wonder if people don't like the fact animals are getting killed? Why don't people just start their own crop? It saves you money. Diseases can be caught anywhere you can't run from them so why not take the chance.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb