RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 20th 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The article that I read was "Protecting Children From Raw 9/11 Footage". This article relates to what we are learning in class because what happened that tragic morning of September 11 was that the twin towers that are in manhattan were attacked. This is a part of recent history, since it only occured 11 years ago. I agree with the author's point of view because I believe she has the right to limit or expand her children's knowledge on the 9/11 attack. Another reason I agree with her is because she expresses how tramatic it was for herself to understand that a decade had already passed, when on a normal day like any other the misfortune occured during a lovely sunny and cool day. A theme that I do see present in this article was social and possibly political. This is social because this event in history affected many. The people who were affected include: families, police, fire fighters, neighboors, bystanders, and survivers. I also believe politcal theme is shown because people most likely doubted what the government officials were doing to protect them. A question that this article makes me wonder is if the author lost any family on 9/11 that could have possibly affected why she felt it was so traumatic to her. What I want to learn more about this article is if the author's children now have learned about the 9/11 attack?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb