RIHLA # 29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Investigate AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL's websiteand write a full page summary that explains what the organization is and includes information on ONE article from the website (there are MANY options to choose from depending on where you search). How do your findings relate to Human Rights? What is your reaction? Explain fully.

The organization is a global movement that fights for injustice and human rights. The Amnesty International not only fights for a safer and peaceful world but also the people in the organization help inform the public about what is happening and how they can help. A related article that got my attention was the article " The death penalty in 20122: Global numbers" because some countries execute many people for different reasons. China overall has the highest number of executions and to give you an example of how many, China has made more execution than the rest of the world put together. With the help of protesters, now the there are only 20 countries that still execute today which is less than any other year before. However, there were 676 executions in 2011 which is an increase than in 2010 when there was only 527. Surprising the United States help contribute to that growing number which is a shock because I thought the United States fights more for human rights than any other country. Japan is the only known country that has not made any execution recently. This information relates to the human rights because two of the rights include right to a trial and no torture relate to the death penalty in countries. If the people who wrote the human rights included these rights than why is there still an alarming rate of death penalties in the world. I am hoping that each country is giving every criminal a fair trial and if it does have to come down to a death penalty that they do not torture the criminals because that is just inhumane. I do not know what the death penalty for each country is but no matter what it is i do not support the death penalty because my brother's girlfriend mother is fighting for her son not to get the death penalty for murdering his fellow student. The only reason why he killed this student was because the student was abusing my brother's girlfriend brother which his name is Christian. Sometimes countries think the wrong way about the criminal without giving them a fair chance to explain what happen. That is why no matter what the criminal did, I still believe that no country should have a death penalty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb