Rihla #29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 21st 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The amnesty international website is an online site that helps bring awareness and discuss human rights issues. they aim their actions towards high powered roles in society, so they can help prevent the abuse against human rights for all. Similar to that of other campaigns the amnesty international fights for different issues all around the world. They encourage people to get involved and help by donating to their cause, or having people speak out about certain issues themselves.
> The article I read about was about the human right: torture. The article, “Syria: Deported Palestinian journalist speaks out about torture in custody” discusses the inhuman actions that a journalist had to endure because of the Syrian government. From what the victims understands he was tortured because of his freedom of expression. He had discussed his role in the revolutions and expressed his opinion about the Muslim brotherhood. He was arrested and then "was insulted and beaten for days. Officers used the falaqa torture method on him, whipping the soles of his feet with a thin bamboo stick." not only did he suffer that torture but he was then sent off to a military "hospital" where instead of being taken care of he was worser conditions.
Kaileh's human rights were abused because he was tortured by military officials for freedom of expression. I feel bad for Kaileh because he as wrongly treated. Everyone should be able to express themselves without having to worry about being tortured. Yes, there are certain situations were people should receive consequences for their actions but never torture. Torture is very inhumane that no one should have to go through. There are other consequences that a "criminal" can be given. In my own opinion I do not believe Kaileh was a criminal that had to be given such consequences.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb