Rihla 29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 21st 2012
Published: May 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Amnesty International organization is global movement from indivduals fighting injustice and advocating for human rights. The website has many sections were people can find out topics and issues that are occuring in the world for example they have links that read: issues, campaigns, countires, cases, and victories. The mission of the people who designed and created the website is that they envison the world regardless of peoples race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender to promate the human rights that everyone alive has. The website has had successful because of the tactics it uses to educate people through research, action, and advocacy. In the research department hundreds of people publish reports and videos on rigorous research. In the action department campaigns and a lot of case work are promated in the international media. Finally, in the advocacy department the owners of the website combine high levels of work to meida and grassroots. In an article reading I have just recently read that connecticut has become the 17th state to abolish slavery. The next state people are hoping to abolish slavey from is California. Conneecticut has become the 5th state in the last five years to abolish the death penalty. The perivous states were Illinois, New Jersey, and New Mexico. During the time period that Connecticut did have the death penalty there were over 4,000 murders and one execution. I believe this is great because people are now getting justice not by being killed, but by suffering the crime behind bars. I believe ever state in the United States should abolish the death penalty simply for the fact that it is the correct humane thing too do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb