RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/world/asia/afghanistan-shooting/index.html?npt=NP1

1) The article I chose is titled Taliban vow revenge for US soldier's shooting rampage. The article focuses on the Taliban's comments after the rampage and the US response. The US soldier was a specialist in his late thirties. He turned himself in to the US forces after the rampage but the Afghanistan government want him to stand trial in their court system. The US is still investigating to see if they can find his motives for his actions. This isnt the first insident that has enraged the Afghanistan people. Earlier US soldiers burned copies of the Quran that soldiers say had exttremest movements on them.

2) This article relates to what we have talked about in class because we are learning about how the europeans inveaded the Aztecs and the Incas and in a way this is related because I feel that the American soldiers are taking advantage of the Afghanistan people.

3) There is evidence of cause and effect in this article.

Cause: attack of 9/11

Effect: US goes into Afghanistan

Cause: Soldiers burn the QUran

Effect: Riots in Afghanistan causing deaths to both sides

Cause: Soldier goes on shooting rampage

Effect: ??? We will soon find out



4) This article makes me ask:

Is the war in Afghanistan really is over?

When will all the soldiers be evacuated?

Are the US soldiers taking advantage of the people of Aghanistan by not respecting their culture.





=

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb