RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. I watched a video titled Critical View of Kony 2012'. I found this video on the CNN app. This video shows a reporter on CNN interviewing a journalist in Uganda and she explains how the statements and images shown focused in Uganda are inaccurate because the movie mostly focuses on the LRA than the victims and Kony has moved to other parts in Africa. She explains how people in Uganda are still recovering from the war and she also believes that killing only one man will not stop this war.

2. This video relates to world history class because this shows how point of view is very important in this situation. This shows the point of view from people in Uganda and how they believe the video is inaccurate of today in Uganda. This also relates to world history because it is a form a slavery occurring with children who are forced to become soldiers or sex slaves. I think this also relates to history class because it is a example of who creates history? The victims or the conquers.

3. This video shows cause and and effect by the movie Kony 2012 caused major awareness of this topic all around the world. A effect is also the people from Uganda Africa are upset with the video because they feel it is inaccurate about current day society in Uganda.

4. This video makes me have many thoughts. It made my think why do people from Uganda feel the movie should be about the recovering Uganda rather than what Kony did and the fact this movie caused major awareness about Kony and his acts that are STILL occurring. It also made me think about how would this effort contribute to Kony's capture, and how big of a I pact his capture would make to the war.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb