RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history? According to the article modern slave is more that they work for little or no pay and under constant threat of violence and even starvation.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln? This movement connects with President Lincoln because Lincoln had a proclaimation that stated in the 13th amendment which made slavery illegal.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project? I honestly think that the Polaris is a great project because there are many things still going on in the world where many people need help. This is the best organized and safe way to go if you are in this type of situation.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery? Yes I do agree that human sex trafficking is a form of mordern day slavery.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery? The people in Africa that has to struggle ever day. It is hard for them to find food, clothing, and a place to live in.

6. Additional thoughts/questions? No

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb