Rihla #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post




1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

The article states that modern slavery is more acceptive, meaning that todays slavery is more about forcing people to do a certain job. Some people are forced to become prostitutes. Those people are forced to do those type of jobs by being beaten up. In the old days, slavery was also forced, but slavery was more for regular labor.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

Both of these movements came to existent to make people's lives better. The movements want to stop the action of making people be able to live a better life; the people do not deserve to be treated unfairly because other people feel the need to make others feel down or degrading people.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris project is an organization that has a national hotline. The hotline is available for 24 hours in many different languages. The people who believe that trafficking is happenning or they are the victims themselves. The hotline helps people out, so they have someone to talk to about problems they are facing.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?


I believe that sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery. Sex trafficking forces some people to be part of it. People are being abused in order to do what the people want them to do.



5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I cannot think of any modern day slavery at this point. However, I believe that some things people are being put to do can be taken as a form of slavery.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb