RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Modern slavery is different because there are numerous of ways in the modernwalled that correlates with slavery,Gand one is the example of being a prostitute; through abuse, Auctionblocks, cohersion, and manipulation.

2. Because it celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation that freed slaves during the Civil War; and is exhibited in President Lincoln's cabin in Washington.

3. This is a project where people can call a hotline and 24/7 and use this hotline to help protect themselves against abuse, or any other form of possible slavery. I think the project is very clever. It's useful to people who needs it, but how would people know about this project. I think it should be some type of emergency hotline like "911" otherwise people wouldn't know what to do. I didn't know about this project until I read this article, and I'm sure a bunch of other people, especially people who needs help like this, should know!

4. I do agree with the article and the idea that this is true because modern slavery today involves abuse, Slave cabins,coercion, auction blocks, and manipulation.

5. People being forced to work in places they don't want, living in places they don't want, being subject infield online or in person, teens being forced by their parents to do something, instead of being asked, when parents suspect something of their child butthe child denies and knows he/she didn't do it but the parent don't trust their child.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.4kb