Rihla 20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 28th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

2. RIHLA #20How has the Columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture? It has provided many countries to try a lot of different foods. And also be able to get different types of food all over to do more types of recipes. Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow: Guacamole 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed1 lime, juiced1 teaspoon salt1/2 cup diced onion3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced1 teaspoon minced garlic 1. What are the origins of this recipe? The origins of this recipe come from the Aztecs of Mexico.2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not? My family does use it as a way to give more flavor to the food we eat like steak tacos or just a simple tortilla. 3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not? I think people should be able to have access to a variety of foods because then they will be able to get a taste of many different good foods.4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? ExplainI think food is an important aspect of ones culture because of how they make their food and how they brought it up to be. Like Mexican food represents me because it's where I'm from and I really love it. And giving it to others is good as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb