RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Reviewing the list of banned books in the list provided there is a comman trend in all the books. The themes of drug use, racial discimination, sexual content, and profanity. These books are in question because of the content it contains and may not be suitable for teens in highschool. I disagree with the majority of the bans thaat are stated. I have read some of the books on this list and besides the few terms and thoughts the content of the book overall really helps clearify ideas and thoughts that are spread among our society. I have read Brave New World in my honors class sophmore year and the ideas it had created a great learning environment for distopian ideas. As a teen I beleave the restrictions on books in schools is a mistake because the limitation and gaps a student can grow. Before I read Brave New World I was not aware of the ideas and comparisons of government control in some nations and how the idea of a perfect society differse for every individual. The presure that teachers face in class is souly based on the parents and government. With parents they are always overprotective over there kids. The idea of schooling is to teach a child something that the parent can't. Creating a parental class may not push society forward because there are things a student learns on their own like protective sex, STDs, and fire safty. There are other things that the banned books contain that could change the ideas in the student.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb