RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 21st 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

THE BANNING OF CONTROVERSIAL BOOKS

- They are banning books because they believe that students should read books that have profanity, sexual content, and drug use. i dont agree with them because i think they are trying to prevent a negative effect on children with these topics, but i think it is too late for this because many students are slready exposed to these topics.

-I dont agree with this banning of books because i believe that everyone should read books of their chioce. Although these themes may inappropriate for younger students, it is steal reality to many high school students. I also believe students should read books that have this content because although books have this content, the books purpose is usually not soley about these negative topics. For example if books should be banned for profanity and sexual content and contraversial issues; The tempest should be banned because it is a book who has these contents, but teens can ;earn from this text.

-I think this does pessure teachers on deciding what they should teach because they dont want to go into controversial topics and get in trouble for what they are teaching.

-One way to fight against the cendsorship of books is to work with a community group and talk about the rights of the first admenment. Come tohgether to get vioces herd.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb