Rihla #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) I do not argee with Castiglione's description of what makes a man ideal. He makes it seem like you can only be called a man if your perfect and know everything in the world. Which is complete nonsense becuase we all know that no one is perfect. We all have our flaws. However, just becuase we have flaws doesn't mean a man can't be a man and a women can't be a women. Besides to some peaople perfection is a flaw. I dont believe an ideal man exist today. When I think of the boys I know know I think of them being smart but lazy. To me lazyiness is not ideal at all.

2) I think that Castiglione thought of men in that certain way becuase he wanted men to be looked up to. He saw nothing bad in men and women. Not only that but when he thought of IDEAL he thought of everything that was good at the time and combined it all into one man. that to him was IDEAL.

3) I believe that it is better to lead with fear. When you lead with fear you are able to keep order and control more effectively. A few of the worlds most effective leaders lead with fear such as Hitler and Fidel Castro. I'm not advocating what they led but i agree that they used fear as a way to make thier leadership more effective.

4) MartinLuther King Jr was aleader that lead with love. He was a believer of non violent protest. He led many boycots, and sit-ins. Becuase MLK Jr.continued his non-violent protest he influenced his followers to also continue to be non violent. This inspired hope in many of the civil rights followers adn that made them strong enough to believe in change and continue thier quest to equality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb