RIHLA #10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 20th 2011
Published: November 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

WHO? Thousands of Occupy Wall Street demonstrators took the streets around the U.S on Thursday to celebrate two months since the movement started and to also signal that they are not ready to quit, despite the breakup of many of their encampments by the police.

WHAT?People where gather together on Thursday in New York to protest economic injustice.

WHEN?On thursday to mark their two months since the movement.

WHERE? New York. Demonstrations were also planned to under way in Washington, St. Louis, LAs Vegas, and Portland, Oregon.


WHY? For national action on economic injustice. Thousands of people gathered in New York's streets. 175 people were arrested for blocking streets near the New York Stock Exchange. One man was took into custody for trowing what appeared to be vinegar into the faces of several police officers.

I Do not agree with this movement because many people where arrested and hurt along with several officers that were injured while trying to keep order and protect the non protesters. Yes, the economy is going through economic difficulties, but protesting in a crowded area can only lead to fatalities.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb