Rihla #6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dear Rihla,

The five quotes that I think are significant are the following:

1) When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." - Author Unknown
The quotes is significant because many people always feel the need at times to give up but there is always someone that believes in that person and tells them to keep trying. Also, having hope and the mentality of being positive leads to success and not giving up on yourself.
2) One fails forward toward success - Charles F. Kettering
The quote is significant because everyone fails at first. Many people especially famous people had a point where he/she felt like a failure. Everyone has been at there lowest points but every failure leads to success. You may fail a bunch of times but you learn from your mistakes and lead to success.
3) It is never too late to be who you might have been - George Eliot
I think this quote is significant because it shows people to keep reaching for there dreams and to not give up. It is never too late to reach your goals and dreams if you put your mind to it. Also, your age, gender, and etc should not apply when you go and live your hopes and dreams.
4) The greatest dreams are always unrealistic - Will Smith
I think this quote is significant because many people have the mentality that they can not reach the goal or dream due to not believing in theirselves or thinking the dream is too big for that person to reach. In reality, people have to be in the right mind set to think otherwise and believe they can reach that certain dream.
5) Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll always be there. - Amy Li
I think this quote is significant because I have a sister and she is my best friend. The quote relates to how I am with my sister because no matter what where always there for each other. Shayla and I are really close and there is not anything that I would not do for her.

The journal relates to World history because all of these quotes have a meaning and many of the quotes are made by people who made history. The quotes bring people all over the world to connect with one another and relate to past, present, and future experiences and events.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb