Rhila #5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 10th 2006
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. According to the articles, Steve Jobs embraced the idea of Buddhism as he worked to develop Apple products. He had a spiritual advisor. His public comments seemed to connect to spiritual self- reliance. For instance, he said there is no reason to not follow your heart. Also, his golden lessons embrace the idea of Buddhism. For example he talks about the importance of having a beginner's mind. A beginner's mind is seeing things as they are and realizing the original nature of everything.
2.From his golden lessons, I relate to the second one the most, which is " Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." I feel that I can't reach excellence without giving it my all. I relaized that being committed and putting in that little extra can make excellence a priority.
3.I think these technological advancements have greatly affected our economy. Today, many people are investing in these products because they find the importance and value to them. For instance, many people invest in IPads because they like the idea of carrying a small computer around with them.
4.These articles relate to what we are learning in class. Steve Jobs used the ideas of Buddhism to help him succeed in life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb