Blue Do You Think You Are?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 21st 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ISISIS

Ice skating in Millennium Park.
An early start as Dan had to see off his friend who was leaving for Texas this morning, then he had to go downtown for a drum workshop type thing. While he was there, I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art where there was an exhibition called Sympathy for the Devil, a collection of art created for or inspired by rock music. Some of it was pretty cool, like the Velvet Underground and Peter Saville stuff, but some was just weird - the art created for Funkadelic at the request of George Clinton for example bordered on cartoon porn.

This collection took up the bulk of the museum and the only thing worth mentioning also on display (if you can call it that) was a couple making out in the middle of the room, which they do all day apparently. Quite an achievement without getting carried away I suppose, but in all honesty I found it to be bollocks.

In the afternoon, Dan got me tickets to see him in the Blue Man Group production there. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but actually quite enjoyed the whole thing. Lots of drumming, throwing of marshmallows, and paint, as well as several messages about how wanky modern art can be - appropriate considering where I'd spent that morning.

After the show, we went to a party where we were by far the oldest people there. But they did have a ping pong table up, which is more than I can say for any parties I've been to back home recently.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb