Chicago


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
August 3rd 2005
Published: August 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Art HistoryArt HistoryArt History

Where they are showing Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre. (See the flag in the top corner)
For a long time before this trip, I had a preconceived image of what each city would be like. Chicago was one of those cities that I thought could not possibly be too interesting. I was so wrong. This is a city with atmosphere and the city has so much going on you could easily spend several weeks here alone. The city serves a wide variety of interests in music, food and theatre. Centred just off the downtown area is a lake. That like St Kilda is feels distant enough to be a completely different place, but is only walking distances from the heart of the city. The day I arrived there was a street festival in this parkland.

At first glance it seems that people are much more friendly. I have to be cautious with that conclusion, because, it may also be that I have acclimatized (lol) to the local behaviour. Nevertheless, I have spoken to a few locals and they all seem love their bustling city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

TransportTransport
Transport

Imagine if someone decided to put a train system above Sydney's George Street. This is what it would look like.
City street down Michigan AveCity street down Michigan Ave
City street down Michigan Ave

So far I have not felt too crowded. Streets are good to walk.
Shed AquariumShed Aquarium
Shed Aquarium

This is a beluga whale. It did stay on the other side. They move so fast.


12th August 2005

Hi Babe
Wish I was there! See any gangsters? Any muzos in drag?

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb