Let the adventures begin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
August 15th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8861, -87.6364

Dear friends and family,
Just a quick entry from the United Club at O'Hare, enjoying our free snacky things awaiting a 6:15 pm (Central) flight to Paree. Ou est le loo? Yes, I'm ready. We drove to Chicago straight after church yesterday, and arrived at the Willer household just before 6pm. Roger and Carole have kindly allowed us to "park" our car with them for the 5 week duration of our trip, and are a wonderful Bed and Breakfast facility! Our visit with them was most pleasant, but we can't believe it's been that many years since they left NE Ohio! We visited them once after that but 23 years?! Love the fascinating variety of houses in their mature neighborhood. Thank you, Carole & Roger. We fly tonight on a Boeing 777, and for those of you that I didn't already tell ( there may have been a few!), we used miles to travel in Business First Class, so hopefully some sleep in our lay flat seats!
Next report will hopefully be from Paris at around 4am East coast time tomorrow morning as we wait for our Thai Airways Airbus 380 ride to Bangkok in the upper deck, also in business class!
Then on to the land of David's birth, the beautiful and tropical Malaysia, via Thai Airways again, on a Boeing 777 ( all the way in Business Class!)Thanks for your prayers.


Advertisement



15th August 2016

Can't wait to follow along in your adventure ! Safe travels
15th August 2016

Enjoy your trip...i love the blogging
15th August 2016

Glad you made it to Chicago safely....heard of traffic accident on turnpike.
16th August 2016

Wow! What an epic adventure. Looking forward to all your updates. Safe travels and love you both xxxx
16th August 2016

Love you!!

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1020.4kb