Snow in the Morning, Rain at Noon, and Beautiful in the Evening


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho
September 19th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

If you don't like the weather in Montana...Just hang around it will change quick...Sleep very little last night...I froze my @#$ off. Rancher said it was 15 degrees at his place and I was another couple thousand feet higher so...

Awoke to snowflakes, big snowflakes, but they did not stick. The bike by the grace of God miraculously started first crack in sub 20 degree weather. Most have been the cold shock of the water after the engine had been running for 10 hours straight hard.

Drove into the Centennial Valley...It was beautiful drive with Red Rocks Wildlife Refuge full of ducks...Meet my first Great Divide rider on dirt bike going the other way. He was french, but lives in Vancouver, and had rode his KLR650 across Canada to Nova Scotia...Down to Florida...Across to New Mexico and North to Montana in less than a month....He was moving...Friendly, but rain was coming so Gerald and I parted ways as he blazed north and I continued south in search of warmer weather.

Came into Idaho above the Henry's Fork...Then over to the Warm River and rode some outstanding trails NE of Ashton, Idaho...That area is booming with recreational property and I understand why...Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Grand Targhee, and Warm and Henry's Fork Rivers, and just plain recreation land for dirt bikes and snowmobiles outside of the parks....

Pulled up camp off a dirt road between Yellowstone and Grand Teton...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Prarie Dog Hole...Prarie Dog Hole...
Prarie Dog Hole...

This are all over this part...Dangerous on Bikes...


5th October 2007

Dude Gerald Was moving
Man gerald must have been flying thats one helll of a trip in such a short time hope all is going well good luck keep in touch im getting your postcards still that guy to climb those mountains is hardcore

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb