Half Way Mark


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Idaho Falls
March 26th 2016
Published: March 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We reached our half way mark to Arizona as planned today, covering a drive from Taber Alberta, through Montana and on into Idaho. We ate breakfast in the motel room and were on the road by 7:00 in the morning. After scraping snow and ice off the windshield we headed back out on Veteran's Highway to the USA border at Sweetgrass Montana. I fueled up in Shelby Montana and activated a phone with Verizon. We stopped in Helena Montana for lunch, making ourselves beef on a bun. A few stretching stops later found us in Dubois Idaho, at the Dubois Cafe, a quaint little restaurant, where we stopped for a salad, and also fueled up the truck. I am writing this from our hotel room in Idaho Falls, Idaho. The Best Western Driftwood Inn is on the banks of the Snake River, facing the Idaho Falls.

The drive went well. We encountered some misty weather as well as snow, rain, sleet and sunshine. We missed most of the inclement weather as the winding road seemed to either be to the left or right of the dark snow clouds. Once over the Continental Divide, (where the water sheds either to the Atlantic Ocean or off to the Pacific ocean), the weather improved and we left the snow behind us. I drove 870 km, (520 miles today.) Now it's off to bed for a bit longer cat nap. Enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb