Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Idaho Falls
June 12th 2014
Published: June 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 4



Woke up to breakfast at the hotel (waffles, eggs, etc) Boys were slow at getting up but we have another big day.so off we go. Took a while to get going but got out eventually with Tyler driving the first leg to the Idaho Potato Factory in Blackfoot. Cute, small but way worth it! The museum is located inside their Chamber of Commerce building. Took pictures and we’re on our way again. I’ve taken over the wheel to Arco, Idaho and lunch at Pickle’s Place. Burgers, fries and fried pickles for all. Even bought some of John’s famous seasoning…We continued on through flat Idaho (with Evan driving) until we got to craters of the Moon National Park. After a short Visitor Center stop, we headed out to the park. What a spectacular place! It does look like the moon. Evan and I climbed up a volcano and got incredible photos of volcanic cinder cones. The park is really easy to navigate, well marked and easy to drive. A seven mile loop takes you around to the highlights. No time for caves this visit..maybe next time! We left and headed to Boise for the night. Lots of potato farms, little towns and cows. Evan exclaimed, “Look at the cute cows and their babies. One day that will be my dinner!” Lol!

Called Poppy and Grandma along the way. Car is doing great. Told them I would send out this “blog” so they could read about our adventures.

Arrived at hotel (Hampton Inn – again) got semi-settled and then Tyler and I headed out to dinner at “Fresh off the Hook.” Yummy fish dinners! Picked up Mac & Cheese for Evan at Cracker Barrel – cool place to shop! Boys went shopping while I booked a room in Reno. We have changed our itinerary slightly…instead of going via Oregon, we’re going South through Reno then back into California..still on schedule though. (We go through a tiny bit of Oregon – but not all the way up to Bend..) Boys went swimming..and we’re off to bed. Another long day of driving ahead…will likely go straight to Reno – stopping for lunch only – trying to see the Kings game tomorrow night in style at the El Dorado Hotel!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb