Day 5 - Miles City, MT to Coeur D'Alene, ID


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Coeur D'alene
November 21st 2012
Published: November 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Miles City to Coeur d'Alene


Montana is so beautiful!

No photos today, it was a total driving day. I woke up around 5am to the sound of trucks departing the hotel. I guess the hunters were setting off early. So, I walked Oskar then hopped back into bed. It was still dark, so no need to be up so early. I did consider getting the kids up and hitting the road early but opted for the warm bed instead. Today was our earliest start yet with us getting on the road before 9am. Not bad!! Our day was very uneventful with us spending the majority of the day in the car. We took many quick breaks to keep us on the move. We did take lunch in Bozeman, MT at big M's with a playplace. Molly needed to burn off some energy. Considering the long day in the car, the kids did awesome. Only some minor bickering in the last 30 minutes.

Crossing the country makes one realize the sheer size of our continent. Through all the states we have crossed, I would have to say that Montana is my favorite. On the East side of the state it is plains and rolling hills with some remants of the badlands. As you cross the state, the terrain changes many times with some very beautiful rocky hills into the pines of the west coast. Maybe it is that it isn't overly inhabited that has kept it so beautiful. We drove for miles without seeing any signs of civilization other than cattle and horses. I love that!

The weather was on our side right up until we hit the mountains after Missoula, MT then the rain and fog rolled in along with the sun departing for the day. I was hoping to cross the pass in the daytime but ended up not beating the setting sun. Thankfully, there was no snow so we had no problems crossing. Other than me being tired. We opted to take our brake in Coeur d'Alene, ID tonight and stepped it up to a Holiday Inn Express. Same price as the BW but nicer. Another swim in the pool (me in the hot tub - pool was freezing). Now I am totally drained and ready for sleep. Last day of our trip tomorrow! We are all so excited and can't wait to see our new home.

We are almost there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb