Postdated: First Night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
May 18th 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Traveling away from 'home' is so seemingly surreal that I don't believe it to have settled in quite yet. Rest stops are no stranger; the freeway has seen me before. The impact of what we have started is there but, as much as faith is the evidence of the unseen, I believe the first notes played to passing city folk will bring a solid punch to the gut and mind.
After a last meal in Boise to send off our hometown, we proceeded to the mostly vacant highway with high morals and hopeful spirits. The moon high in the sky to illuminate us. On the westbound I-84 through Oregon, moonlight befriends the rocks to create cities in its shadows. The scenery is beautiful at this stage of morning, with 2 sleeping and 2 awake, the wind blowing through our hair, wearing sunglasses to avoid the visual discomfort. (I wear my sunglasses at night, so i can, so i can.......................what?) Between the orange cones guiding us between this and that. Along the road, a train rolls along, light penetrating its path. The train our ally in the night, along with the moon and stars, against the semi-trucks passing the four of us examining our gas economy meter.
'Twixt the shadows and hills, lights appeared. A factory lit up like an industrial Christmas in the dark, reminded of games of old and Cloud's rebellion against the Shinra Corporation. The factory resembled too well one of Shinra's reactors.

*insert drawing of a semi passing our motorhome here*

Outside of driving and the sentiment that came from it, the first night was uneventful.
Plenty going on upstairs, but mostly dead in relation to us all remaining motionless in sleep or attention.
We pulled off into a rest stop and called it a good starting stretch.
We would be heading for Auburn the next day, visiting some friends. From there, Seattle.

-Sam

Advertisement



5th June 2008

Yeah! You made your starting goal!
We send you joy, for the journey, hope for your happiness, and prayers for peace and protection. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb