Postdated: First Day


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sometime Monday Night

Much road was put behind as we came to a stop in Auburn. 'Tween napping and music, the time disappeared swiftly. Although we have attempted to put time behind us for the duration of this trip, it would seem foolish to disregard the existence of time. Hence, I will still refer to it, but only in the general sense of the thing. We plan on rolling into Seattle tomorrow, a point in time I am most excited for.
We found Auburn to be quite welcoming and after a quick social stop at some friends of the Agenbroads, and a quick meal, we settled on finding a field and playing some Ball. You may think that you know what we played but I most proceed 'on the contrair'. (everyone is giving me a terribly hard time for misusing that word but if nothing ever came from misuse then where would we be. so yes i did it on purpose and yes, to hell with it.) Ball is a game using a 'ball' (hula hoop) and drumsticks. The ball is passed from player to player with the sticks. There are two goals set up with sandals and available garments and you score by throwing a successful pass through the goal to your teammate. (2 players per team) Regardless, it was the best game of ball to date. More talk of ball to come later, whenever the time comes that we play again.
Afterwards, we walked back to the motorhome ("Roci" - pronounced Rocky) and took our vintage Schwinn's for a spin. We had all purchased bicycles for the trip and with nothing else happening, it was inviting at the least. A bike friendly town, Auburn contained a cozy but far-reaching presence. Barber shops were readily available for a full cut and shave. Although, they weren't as much available as they were still in business. Expensive, but nostalgic. Or vice versa. Ben's front tire lost a brief war with a pothole, slowing our return journey, but allowing us to enjoy the crisp air created by a light rainfall.
And as my eyes are weary now, I believe I will sleep to the booming train horns and passing cars that echo off the silence that is now Auburn.

-Sam

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb