La Grande, Oregon to Boise, Idaho


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
August 4th 2022
Published: August 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

4th August, 2022

What a great day!

Left the motel around 8:15 and headed for Walmart to buy an esky. Sandra needed some toiletries, so she went that way and I found the esky. Cute little thing and it keeps the drinks cold. The outside temperature today was 104F (40C). Just a tad schwetty!

There was a vision store in there but they couldn‘t fix my glasses but suggested another store around the corner that might. Went to the eye care centre and YAY they fixed my glasses for free.

Started off for Boise, stopped for fuel and managed to get on the freeway without much trouble. Got there just on lunchtime, and didn‘t realise it was such a big city. There was a little bit of confusion trying to get from one side of the freeway to the other so we could get off at the exit.

One of the reasons for stopping in Boise is because I love the show Boise Boys on ch94. I wanted to stop in to their workshop/office and take a chance that they were there. My luck was in and Luke was there (Clint has moved back to Texas) so we introduced ourselves and he made us feel very welcome. He spent about 30 minutes showing us around the warehouse with all the staging materials and the design studio. He gave us a coffee mug each. I was star struck.

After that, we went to the World Bird of Prey centre. There was Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Condors, and others. The centre is trying to save the population of Condors which have almost become extinct from the poison DDT. Also they are being killed by lead from eating animals that had been shot by hunters using lead bullets.

We left there to find a motel for the night and drove around and around in circles coz we got lost but eventually found a Hilton so booked there. We did some laundry and could hear a band across the road at the shopping centre playing some AC/DC. We went there and the crowd was dancing and singing so we joined in. Shame they were almost finished and we only saw about 6 songs. They were pretty good.

Went to get some dinner at a place called Twin Peaks. Its a sports bar and the hostesses are barely dressed. But it was the only thing open to get some food this late.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb