Travel 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Waikoloa
June 18th 2021
Published: June 18th 2021
Edit Blog Post

So much has happened since I last wrote. Tuesday night Jeanne took us to the Hilton Hotel Resort in Waikoloa for a sunset dinner on the patio overlooking the Pacific. Felt like we walked a mile through winding corridors and past a swimming area that reminded me of a lazy river surrounding four or five pools with water slides and waterfalls cascading over lava rocks. No crappy look alike cement here, real lava rocks. Yesterday I took Gerri and Becky to my favorite beach, Hapuna State Park. The water is so crystal clear and pretty warm. Lots of people but everyone pretty much social distancing, so it was wonderful. Gerri asked me if the sea turtles every got close to the shore, I pointed and said “like that one?” And she shrieked and hid behind me. There about ten feet in front of us was a three foot in diameter turtle. She really was not scared but shocked. Didn’t bother the 20 other people who crowded around. Turtles being turtles just blithely continued swimming on to the lava reef that theoretically splits the beach. Lunch time, I figure. We spent the afternoon packing for our move to the beach house. Jeanne got home at six and off we went. It would be no exaggeration to say that us three mainlanders were super impressed, but my granddaughter just kept grabbing her head and saying wow. First, the house is probably bigger than the clubhouse at Lake Frances. Just the lanai is over a hundred feet long and covers the two front bedrooms and the great room/living room. Cannot swim in the ocean about 75 feet in front of the house because it is all lava rocks, so they put in an infinity pool off the lanai. After her shock of the house, Becky spent most of the evening in there. To enter the house you walk a windy path through beautiful flowers and gorgeous tropical plants over a meandering koi pond with fish about 18” long. Each side of the house is different. Each bedroom has its own bath with a garden tub and a six foot square glass shower with large windows. Guess I should tell you at this point that the house is surrounded by 8’ lava rock walls which is great because everything is open here. Glass in the bathrooms, sliding screen and regular sliding walls in the entire front of the house. Gerri and I got the front bedrooms. Her’s actually has a sitting area and exercise equipmen. Oops ran out of room. Will start another one..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb