RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Volcano
May 20th 2013
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Rights that were violated in the The Rana Plaza factory were the rights in articles 3, 23, and 30 in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Article 3 states that everyone has a right to life liberty, and security of person. The deadly factory collapse killed more than 1,100 people, violating the right to life, and also had hazardous work conditions, violating the right of security of person for the workers. Article 23 explains that everyone has the right to work in just and favorable conditions of work and the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests, and the factory violated these rights because the conditions the factory workers do not work in conditions that are favorable because the owner only built 3 floors legally out of the 8 floors in the factory. Floors that were added illegally had heavy equipment installed even though the building was not designed to support it. Article 30 states that none of these rights can be violated, and this article/right was, of course, violated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb