Playing Tourist


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

If only it didn't take 90 minutes to go 10 miles!!

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!

Time to Play Tourist in Hawaii


So it was time to enjoy the weekend and play tourist... I'm enjoying my time here in Waikiki. After work, I try to run and relax on the beach to watch the sunset. It's so amazing! Last weekend I watched the Freedom Surf Contest on Waikiki Beach, too bad the swells for only 2-4 feet and hard to find! But it was still really cool to watch. You can't exactly do that on Lake Erie! This weekend I ventured up the the North Shore and went golfing with my local friend, Pola, who has been awesome to pal around with and make me feel like a local. Of course, we had to stop at the Dole Plantation and get some yummy pineapple soft serve :-)

Today was a busy day... I took "The Bus" to Pearl Harbor. It was pretty awesome to see the memorials. It is a must do if you ever come visit. After the memorials and touring around Ford Island, I hopped across the way to the Aloha Stadium. It's where the local swap meet, or flea market, is held around the stadium... hundreds of vendors selling "Hawaiian" souvenirs. It's a pretty cool spot to check out the interesting items you can sell out of the back of your van :-) I hope you enjoy the pictures! Aloha Sunday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Fun CruiseThe Fun Cruise
The Fun Cruise

Friend or foe?
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Waikiki after work
Kahuku Golf CourseKahuku Golf Course
Kahuku Golf Course

Kahuku, North Shore
15 feet from the hole on this drive15 feet from the hole on this drive
15 feet from the hole on this drive

Let's not talk about what happened on the green


18th May 2009

Nice pics
First of all, the CG copter is in the sky. I built a model of the USS Missouri. Babci washed it in the bath tub, once!

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb