Bonus day in Waikiki!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
October 9th 2005
Published: October 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunset Sunset Sunset

from Waikiki
We were not looking forward to the journey to LA as it looked like we would have to sit in Maui airport for 6 hours and then in Honolulu airport for another 5. However, upon checking-in in Maui we were offered a free change to an early flight to Honolulu and then in Honolulu we found that we could check in our bags at lunchtime for that evening's LA flight and leave the airport...

With our free half day we hopped on a bus bound for Waikiki. The journey took about an hour but went through chinatown and the historic parts of Honolulu so it was worth the 2 dollar fare!

Waikiki was very busy due to simultaneously hosting the World Triathlon Championships and a Surfing competion. We revisited our old honeymoon haunts (they're renovating the hotel we stayed in), ate luxuriously in Jack-in-the-box (bit fresher than McDs but with an even scarier mascot), met up by chance with Susanne (from our hostel in Maui) who wasn't expecting to see us again and watched the sunset on the beach.

We caught an early evening bus back to the airport for our flight to the mainland...


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Emma at WaikikiEmma at Waikiki
Emma at Waikiki

with Diamond Head volcano in the background


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb