Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
August 28th 2005
Published: August 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

well we're just waiting for our bus to take us to the airport so here's our story from the last few days.

Friday:
We decided to get out of this touristy city 'waikiki' and go north. We made our way on the public bus system and who was did i see but one of our clients from work (kingst). Julie remember John from hospice, old CEO of Northern Districts cricket. Crazy!! anyway, our biggest mission for the day was to see a turtle. On the way we found a great local cafe in Haleiwa that sold awesome food and have become very addicted to a 'rio bowl' which is fresh fruit, granola and sambazon (like a blueberry). YUMMY!! We then went to a beautiful beach and cooled off for a couple of hours. We have discovered that the locals all have very different opinions and directions. So it was a very adventureous day. lots of walking but we finially did see a couple of turtles in the water, not on the beach. But oh well.

Sorry time is running out and our bus in nearly here.

Saturday:
This was matts day. We went to the arizon memorial museum and the missouri battleship. It was a very educational day for me and matts all time dream.

Sunday:
Went to Hanauma Bay and snorkeled all day, so now we look like two lobsters!!! But it was a great day, saw heaps of fish but no turtles. 😞 It was the first beach that I've ever had to pay to go on!! $5US each. Yikes but I look at it like it's a donation.
We saw a horrible site today! We saw a beached whale. But the saddiest thing was that her husdand was attempting to put on her flippers!!! poor poor man! bek cant stop laughing about it now!! and its been 5 hrs later!.

Oh well, that concludes Hawaii. we are flying out very shortly so have to go wait for our ride.

talk soon

Lots of love Matt and Bek


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb