O Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Niagara Falls
August 31st 2005
Published: August 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

Well, we have been in Canada for 2 days now... (thats counting the 1 day of plane travel) and its very lovely here in O Canada. The people are a lot friendly than the americans and the country is very NZ looking so reminds me of home alot. Cept there are cute little chipmunks and racoons and squirrels!! (which i am on a hunt to locate and make friends with 😊 and the 12 lane highways).

Since we rushed our last email, i will now finish what we started about Hawaii. We decided on the last day to snorkel all day at Hanauma Bay in the blistering heat. We brought some flash 'lolly' smell sun screen which didnt really work to well as we are both now quite sun burnt. That didnt make a pleasant flight! Anyway, we snorkeled all day then left hawaii on air canada at 9pm. We arrived to find that our plane had been over booked and we were asked if we would accept the option of staying an extra night in hawaii with free acommadation and a free meal, plus a $300 voucher each!! OR we still get on the plane. We said YES! so we went to the departer lounge and waited to see if we were able to still make the flight. To our disapointment, they informed us that we could just fit, so we went aboard... problem is we found out that our seats were now right down the very back and were seats put in for temp use by the airline for transporting flight attendants. Therefore the 2 seats had no entertainment function, no ability to turn on the lights. No ability to recline. No foot rest. And less leg space than normal... So basically we had the most uncomfortable trip ever. We complained and said it was crap and they agreed but said we should have been told that these seats would be ours if we agreed to stay overnight due to them overbooking. We thought that sucked so i am complaining to the air canada management to see if i can get anything out of them. So far, all the air canada staff think i can so heres hoping.
Anyway we made it into Canada all well, but tired. We finally arrived in Toronto at 6pm and meet up with To and Kees (beks aunty/uncle for those who havent meet them before) at their lovely house in Hamilton, Canada!

Today we were taken to Niagra Falls. So i have finally seen one of the wonders of the world. Very amazing and a crap load of water! Was told a 7 yr old boy fell into the water and was sent over the falls in only his togs and lifejacket... and survived. unbelievable!! Any way, very awesome sight, and very wet! We went on the Lady of the Mist (that boat you always see on movies) and got pelted with the mist from the falls. I guess you move to within 50 metres from the bottom... couldnt really tell as you couldnt really see!!!! tried to take photos but all of them are missing as i could tell where i was aiming the camera... hehe.

Anyway, tomorrow is a no go day as Hurricane Katrina is hitting us tomorrow. We are only going to get heavy rains with a little wind they say but it sounds like a good day to relax anyways.

Also the computer i am on has high speed cable... with a download speed of about 700kbsec... WOW!
wish that was available in NZ... 😞

Anyway. Time for bed. Will email again soon.

Lots of Love
Matt and Bek


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb