Aloha from Hawaii 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
February 14th 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Barrel At Banzia PipelineBarrel At Banzia PipelineBarrel At Banzia Pipeline

This is on the North Shore Of O'ahu at the Banzia Pipeline. Its a really dangerous spot to surf b/c its like 2 feet deep where the waves break and the coral is basically rock solid. However it did not stop this dude from catching a sweet ride.
Hawaii is nice and the surf is incredible!
Lets jump back a week or two and check out some video footage of elephant seals fighting. Here is the link on Youtube.com
. Just cut and paste and the film shouold start rolling.


So O'ahu was pretty nice overall. Checked out the North Shore, went to the east part of the island. Surfed quite a bit and walked around a ton.
Next I went to the big island of Hawai'i. Basically there are tons of active volcanoes and huge mountains. I flew into Hilo and camped for a few days then I stayed in town for a few nights, then I made my way across to Kona. Hilo gets tons of rain and it rained there everyday, but it was kinda light rain that sort of refreshes you. The coffee grown in Kona is some of the best coffee in the world, due to the climate, elevation, type of coffee plant used and the craftmanship that is put into making the coffee. So I stayed on the big island for a week. I really dont feel like writing now, so I will just put some pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Surfing is DangerousSurfing is Dangerous
Surfing is Dangerous

This is at Pipe line. This guy had blood running down his chest. He must have hit his head on the reef. I offered to help these guys had it under control. I think they have lost 2 surfers at pipe in the last 3 months, no fun.
Big WavesBig Waves
Big Waves

These guys had no fear.
Lava TubeLava Tube
Lava Tube

Lava flowed through this tube at 2000 degrees C.
Hot LavaHot Lava
Hot Lava

This is molten hot magma flowing into the ocean. The big island gets bigger everyday as Pele (the volcano goddess) does her thing with hot magma.
Lava that has chilled outLava that has chilled out
Lava that has chilled out

This lava flowed here back in the 60's. Groovy baby.
Devastation TrailDevastation Trail
Devastation Trail

This place is kinda like the moon. An eruption wiped out all the life and it is slowing coming back.


Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb