Bitsa of day on Oahu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
January 14th 2023
Published: January 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Waikiki Sunset, Waikiki Sunset, Waikiki Sunset,

Almost down
Aloha again from Oahu, Hawaii.

Not a lot to report today…been a drive around looking at shops day, as I said in yesterday’s blog. Have to admit that doing that in the car around the middle of Honolulu isn’t my favourite pastime…too much traffic on the ‘wrong’ side of the road and not enough knowledge of where to get into centre’s car parks etc. just makes for a tiring day.

However, undeterred, we set off around 9.45am for the big Ala Moana shopping centre, only a few miles away but in traffic of course….. Joy was on a mission to get some ‘stuff’ from the Body Shop…..their body butter is always so expensive at home but Joy really likes it.

After missing the car park entrance the first time, we got a park after circling the block and headed inside. We entered through the massive food court…biggest food court we’ve ever seen…you name it they have it there (but none of the big franchises McDs etc). When we were here in 2014 the whole food court was under reconstruction and very little of it was operating….but it is now fully up and running.

The Body Shop was
Waikiki SunsetWaikiki SunsetWaikiki Sunset

Even closer
only just inside the doors after exiting the food court and Joy found what she wanted for herself and looks like daughter’s-in-law and other friends may be getting Body Butter gifts!!!!!

There were a couple of other shops there that Joy really wanted to see but they didn’t really have what she wanted so we wandered around for quite a while just window shopping etc. Around 1230 we decided to have lunch in the food court and did that before heading to the Nordstrom’s ‘Outlet’ shop that was not very far down the road.

I did the purchasing here as Joy didn’t find anything that took her fancy. I got some new summer PJs in the form of a packet of boxer shorts and a packet of Tshirts….some fancy brand name at very reasonable prices.

We then tried to find a couple of shops to buy something for grandson Nathaniel…..some of his ‘War Hammer’ figures that he is into at the moment….Sorry Nate but tried to find 3 shops….couldn’t find 2 of them from the street and the one we did find only did the ‘card’ games and had no figures so it will be something else
Waikiki SunsetWaikiki SunsetWaikiki Sunset

Almost gone with a sail boat silhouette.
for you.

We headed out to the Pearl Ridge shopping centre just outside Honolulu proper to suss that out. We had visited it last time we were here in 2014 and found some really good shops. After finally getting there we found it was rather run down…..it was a huge place but divided into 2 separate huge malls and you take a monorail train to get between the 2 sites but the train was broken down and so we flagged that and headed back into town to find a golf shop….wanted to look at golf balls.

By this time it was getting on for 3.30pm and we hit the freeway traffic jams on our way back towards Waikiki. To cut a long story short I simply got very, very frustrated with the super heavy traffic and trying to get through it and make turns at the right places that I gave up and loaded the hotel into Tom and headed ‘home’.

We wandered down to Waikiki Beach with the hoardes at about 5.45pm to watch and photograph the sunset again. Seems to be the most popular show in town of an evening judging by the numbers of
Waikiki SunsetWaikiki SunsetWaikiki Sunset

Ditto with the sailboat going the other way
people. I’ll include another photo or 2 of that.

We’re just deciding what to do for dinner so I’m crashing this epistle out while we wait and decide. I’ll no doubt get it published later tonight once Joy has downloaded the photos.

So it’s been one of those days in paradise. Not sure what the programme is for tomorrow yet.

Ryan…good luck for your Disc Golf tournament on the farm this weekend…trust that the weather hasn’t put too much of a dampener on it. The photos of the makeshift bridge across the bottom creek looked impressive. Hope everything holds up OK for the weekend and that everyone has a great time.

That’s our Friday.

Lots of love to all the family etc.

Mahalo until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.445s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb