Day 11 Honolulu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
November 29th 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Touristy day today.



Caught the local bus into Honolulu and did the walk around of the historic buildings. Not a bad day out!



Old church made out of rocks carved from coral stone was excellent. Included a wedding to boot. Monday must be a good day fro weddings as there was one in the protestant cathedral as well! The Catholics for their part just had their 12 o’clock mass. We stayed a bit but didn’t take photos as that might not have been cool!



In all the civic centre of Honolulu is well preserved – with due respect to the various Kings and Queens that are still well thought of. We then ventured on to the Chinatown and wandered thru the markets and the restaurant district (trying to identify another place to eat tonight or later) then around to the Aloha Tower shopping centre for some piccies on the harbour.



All up, a good day – and we think it is noticeably quieter since yesterday which saw the end of the traditional ‘Thanksgiving week / weekend’ holiday. Seems some of the restaurant prices have dropped a little too as a result. Augers well for the rest of the week.



A few pics to consider


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



30th November 2011

Hawaii
I think it looks nice - the photos are certainly nice anyway...

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb