final hello from hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well our holiday is coming to an end but I will fill you in on what we have been doing, in San Francisco we went on a cruise out to Alcatraz which was an experience, the kids now want to watch a movie about the escape from alcatraz, they actually have a list of about 8 movies that they want to see regarding places we have been which is good because it isn't all about visiting theme parks and doing exactly what Georgia wants! Walking up and down the hilly streets in San Fran was good for the calf muscles but the diet has certainly gone out of the window for the moment. The plane flight from San Fran to Hawaii was good it takes about 5 hours and we had to be at the ariport by 7 o'clock so it was an early start. Hawaii is beautiful, everry day it has been about 30 degrees getting down to about 24 at night we have been snorkelling,( not quite as colourful as the Barrier reef), we visited Pearl harbour, went on a cruise to see some spinner dolphins and had a couple of hours at an adventrure water park yesterday afternoon, today is our last day so we need to do some last minute shopping, and the kids all want to do a Surfing lesson. This time of the year there is hardly any surf around so that is a bit disappointing for them but they have loved body surfing in the waves that there are, the water is so warm and clear, shops are open until 10pm each night and their are lots of things to do around where we are staying within walking distance. I am going to sign off now and will speak to you all next week when we are home.

lots of love
Carolyn, Steven, Tom Georgia and Jack


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb